Written by: Kiki
Soooooo, if you are anything like us, you are sitting at your desk right now shaking your head as you look on the calendar and realize, its February 1st. And you have done absolutely NOTHING to jump start your resolution goals you diligently composed over 31 days ago… Or maybe you did start off strong but now the desire and focus has withered away,
much like Stacy Dash’s relationship with BET. Whatever the case may be…
Now that we have gotten that out of the way, the next question is, “WHERE do we go from here??” We suggest you dust yourself off, move forward and reestablish your Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely goals a.k.a SMART GOALS and more importantly: follow through.
The reason why January was just a test run for 2016 was mainly due to the fact
we you didn’t follow through. Following through is key to your success!
One of byKikisol‘s main goals for 2016 is being the healthiest versions of ourselves we can be. This of course requires making better food choices and increasing our physical activity. Let’s be honest, we were all in the kitchen several times in January looking like this……
But today is a new day and that means what happened before is nobody’s business! With that being said here are a few tips on how we can become effective goal achievers!
- Create a Mission Statement. Nothing does it like saying it loud and proud…. and maybe even writing it down will help…
- Create your schedule around achieving your goals. Build your day around working out, your to do list, creating your budget, etc.
- Vision Board Party. Call your girlfriends over, grab your poster boards and magazine and create your vision!
- Believe in yourself: Go Mary Jane on it and post sticky notes all over the place filled with words of encouragement and positivity.
- Schedule Cheat sessions. Allow yourself a cheat day but set boundaries. All work and no play is a recipe for failure.
- Accountability. Get an accountability partner who will call you out on your ish….No. matter. what.
With these tools, we are sure your official 2016 Restart will start producing results.. We will keep you posted on our journey and who knows you may catch us busting a move at Dance the Pounds Off Hip Hop dance class or running a 5k. The possibilities are endless when you put your mind to it!
Until next time, live F.A.B. with no regrets!